FAITH FORMATION -
ABOUT OUR MINISTRY
Thank you for your interest in Faith Formation at Good Shepherd! Our goal is to provide quality, engaging programs for all ages, including opportunities for the entire family to share and grow in faith together.
Registration for the 2014-2015 school year
(Registration period March 2014 - June 30, 2014)
Announcement about FCPS Monday Schedule click here
Registration is currently Closed while we finalize class placements.
Class rosters will be posted in the RE Hallway beginning August 10.
Registration will re-open from Sunday, August 17 through Sunday, August 24 (for selected classes based on whether space is available. As of 7/15/2014 most K-6, MS and HS classes are full.)
- On Sundays (August 17 and 24), staff will be available in the Parlor Lounge to accept registrations and answer questions.
- Monday - Friday (August 18-22), registrations accepted in the Parish Office 10:00am - 4:00pm. (Office closed Saturday.)
- If unforeseen circumstances necessitate that you request a change to your child's assigned session, you may request such changes via email only from August 17-24. Please include the reason for your request. We cannot guarantee changes will be possible, but we will do our best to accommodate.
- No registrations will be accepted after August 24,
except for new families moving into the area, if there
is space available.
- Final class rosters will be posted September 14.
- Classes begin September 21.
- You may download the registration form here, (Note - completed forms must be reviewed by a staff member. Since FCPS's decision for full-day Mondays, the Monday 3:30pm class is no longer offered.)
- New this year - Credit Card payment (Mastercard and VISA) accepted for tuition paid in full.
- RCIA: If you are registering an unbaptized child/teen (over the age of 7), or are an unbaptized adult who would like to prepare for entry into the Catholic Church, please download the RCIA Registration Form.
Grades K-6 (English)
Our K-6 program is a weekly classroom format that includes special events throughout the year. Classes meet for one hour. Families have the option to choose Sunday or Monday sessions.
Middle School (Grades 7 - 8)
Our Middle School program is also a weekly classroom format with one hour classes. The 8th grade curriculum includes preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation which is received in the Fall of 9th grade. Families have a choice of Sundays or Thursdays for Middle School classes.
High School programs include Youth Group and Faith Formation activities. High School classes meet weekly in a classroom format. (See Youth Ministry page.)
Adult Faith Formation
RCIA - for anyone interested in becoming Catholic, or for Catholics who have not yet completed the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Eucharist, Confirmation).
Other - watch our bulletin for a wide variety of Adult Faith Formation opportunities such as Bible Studies, Church History talks, small group discussions, and more.
Director of Faith Formation, RCIA
Coordinator of Religious Education, K-6 English
Coordinator of Religious Education, K-6 Spanish
Coordinator of Middle School Faith Formation (Grades 7 and 8)
Miguel de Angel
Director of Youth Ministry, High School Faith Formation
Assoc. Director of Liturgy and Adult Sacraments, RICA